Sundresses for Haiti

Wednesday, August 31, 2011


Do you sew? 

Do you want to?



You may have thought that sundress season was nearly over, but not quite.

 







Kathy from Art Projects for Kids is hosting a Sundress drive for a group of orphans in Haiti.  The sundress pattern I’ve used before is one of the first things I made for Sophia and even though the first one didn’t come out perfectly, it was pretty simply, is wearable despite a few small mistakes and would make any child in need happy to have. 

 



You can find the link for the sundress drive here and the link for the FREE pattern here.  If you have any sewing ability I’d encourage you to try this pattern for a good cause.  The girls are around size 5, 6 or 7.  Keep in mind this doesn’t have to cost you a lot.  There are plenty of clearance fabrics at JoAnn stores around the area and I’m sure it won’t matter to these girls what the fabric looks like.

If you don’t sew, the girls also asked for sunglasses and underwear.  Kinda funny, huh?  Plenty of kids here complain when underwear ends up in their Christmas stockings and these girls would be thrilled to have a few extra. 

Anyway, all you have to do is e-mail Kathy once you have something to send and she’ll e-mail you a mailing address.  You can find her e-mail address on the left side of her blog.

If you decide to make one, please e-mail me a picture!!  I’d love to see how far this project can reach!

1 comments:

Kiley said...

I love your new baby sidebar thing. :) congrats on finding a name!

I might do this! I LOVE to sew, if we could get to the store and get some actual fabric, I will probably do it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP