Expanding Small Space | Front Entry Part Two

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Things working well and making my life easier makes me feel SO happy inside!  I’m thrilled with the way our entry way is turning out – it’s much more functional for our family and my head feels so much more peaceful now that there is less clutter.

Here is the second part of our front entry redo.
BEFORE: 
Hanging organizers sometimes sound like the perfect idea – six extra shelves in a closet! They have their place, but this wasn’t it. It became a dumping ground for all the small things that entered our home.

DSCN5552
  
Where do I even start?  AWFUL!  I started to organize this space but it ended up being our Tupperware “drawer,” and drove me NUTS!  I have since prioritized space in our kitchen to make room for a real drawer for our containers and kicked them out of this closet.

DSCN5553
It had SO much potential and awful follow through! When we first moved in, I threw in organizers, and because we didn’t have time, I didn’t consider how we could best use the closet and just threw things in as we took them out of boxes.

DSCN5554

Here is the bottom of the closet AFTER:


A place to throw hats and mittens without it looking messy…
SP_7
Finally, a system for our shoes.  Grown-ups get two bins each, kiddos get one each.  Lucky for me, I have girls who actually love to spend time lining up their shoes “just so.” 

SP_6

Look for pictures of the final product of the entire entry way on Friday!  It’s my new little piece of heaven!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP