Mommy’s Day Off

Thursday, February 2, 2012

 

Can you hear the bounce in my step?   :)

 



Ever since Sophia had to watch her little buddy go off to preschool while I was still a nanny, it’s been her dream to hop on the bus and go along.  Well, there’s no bus, and it’s not officially preschool, but her dream has basically come true.

She used to see other children a lot more.  She had her three faux siblings at my job, and for most of her first two years, she went to daycare two days a week.  Since Evelyn arrived, her time with children hasn’'t been what this social child would want or need, so we started looking for some options for her.  She’s now attending a Mother’s Day Away program one day a week.  It’s essentially preschool – they have a letter and number of the day, circle time, story time, art, etc.  The nice thing, though, is that unlike preschool it’s a six hour program.  This means I can actually both spend some quiet quality time with Evelyn and get a few things accomplished during the babe’s naps. 

 



She was pretty excited about it this morning – there’s a super cute video but I took it on my phone and it wouldn’t load.



“Say Preschool!!”
preschool3preschool2


preschool1

preschool
She was a little apprehensive when we got there, but ended up doing just fine.  Grandma will be picking her up every other week, so she came along.  While I walked around with the director for a tour, Grandma helped her get adjusted and then snuck out.  I think it helped that we didn’t all walk out at the same time with a big good-bye. 

Afterward, Grandma treated us to coffee to distract me from crying over my baby girl getting so big.  :) 

Ev.coffeeLater, I finally pulled out the sewing machine my parents got me for Christmas to work on some Valentine gifts for the girls.  Along with the Valentine mess we already started the basement is looking a little crazy (this is our REAL life!)

mess

I can’t wait to pick her up and see what she thought of it all.  I guess the real test will be how excited she is next Thursday!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP